[asterisk-app-dev] ARI Bridge and Dial

Samuel Galarneau sgalarneau at digium.com
Mon Jun 2 17:39:02 CDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 4:45 PM, Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 3:28 PM, Jim Black <jblack at mediu.com> wrote:
> > Thanks again for the quick reply. I am using Java Websockets Java EE 7
> JSR
> > 356 - Tyrus part of the Oracle Glassfish package. I have retested on
> various
> > servers and am seeing the same behavior. The call itself is fine but when
> > one party hangs up I get the exception (onClose) from Asterisk. I am not
> > sending a corresponding ARI event - the Hangup or StasisEnd have not yet
> > fired.
> >
> > The object I capture in the onClose has the following info:
> >
> >  CloseReason object:
> > closeCode:
> > code:1007
> > Name:NOT_CONSISTENT
> > reasonPhrase:Illegal UTF-8 Sequence
> >

> The only way we'll know what is causing this is if we figure out what
> Asterisk sent to your client over the WebSocket connection. Wireshark
> should show that; hopefully, the client library also contains
> debugging capabilities allowing you to dump out the bytes received.

A Wireshark capture would be very helpful here. I was able to connect to a
local instance of Asterisk running ARI using version 1.6 of the Tyrus
standalone client and was able to consistently get StasisStart and
StasisEnd messages when originating calls using ARI.

--

Samuel Fortier-Galarneau
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer