[asterisk-app-dev] Prototype voicemail application using ARI and Node.js

Samuel Galarneau sgalarneau at digium.com
Tue Jul 22 13:28:18 CDT 2014

Greetings,

We are eliciting feedback on a prototype voicemail application implemented
with
ARI and Node.js.

Specifically, we are interested to hear what you think regarding the
following:

- a pluggable data abstraction layer using provider aware SQL generators
  instead of a full fledged ORM.
- a finite state machine driven menu that transforms dtmf events into
commands
  emitted by an EventEmitter that can be used to define command handlers.
(please
  note that this currently only transforms dtmf events into commands via an
  EventEmitter. The finite state machine has not been implemented yet)
- a single application listening to two Stasis applications to support the
  functionality of both the Voicemail and Voicemail Main dialplan
applications.

Please consult the project's documentation for installation and usage
instructions (https://github.com/asterisk/node-voicemail-js).

Please feel free to provide feedback. Please note that this application is
in
prototyping phase. We do not expect it to be production ready and will most
likely be rewriting large portions of the existing code base in the future.

--

Samuel Fortier-Galarneau
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer