[asterisk-app-dev] Standardization of Case for ARI URIs

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Tue Jan 21 17:25:44 CST 2014

Correct me if I am wrong, but when we output the TECH, we just convert
to to lower case for ARI URIs?On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 5:57 PM, Scott
Griepentrog <sgriepentrog at digium.com> wrote:

> I was assuming that we would leave TECH to be case INsensitive, and thus it wouldn't matter.  We can also then optionally go through and change all json output to lowercase.

A quick google[1] shows URLs SHOULD be case sensitive, according to
the RFC. So, we should enforce that from the URL POV.

> If you want to treat TECH as a case sensitive value, then ALL instances of IAX and PJSIP and LOCAL etc would have to be changed everywhere in the code (for any json output anyway) so that you don't have code broken by a lowercase TECH requirement.  This would also break some EXISTING ari apps, likely also tests.
>
> What about a transitional period (such as Asterisk 12) where TECH is case insensitive and the json output of TECH is lowercased, then later (in trunk & Asterisk 13) the case sensitivity on TECH can be changed?

I don't think we actually need to change anything in asterisk to make
TECH case sensitive. Unless you see value in having SIP/foo and
sip/foo as different endpoints.

[1] http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec3.html#sec3.2.3

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.