[asterisk-app-dev] ARI + Call Transfers

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Thu Jan 2 10:20:32 CST 2014

Greetings everyone and welcome to 2014!

Now that Christmas and the holidays have passed I thought I would send
this email out to elicit some feedback.

I'd like to enable transfers in ARI. You may think to yourself "they
were disabled?" and the answer would be yes. The trouble with enabling
transfers is properly conveying that a transfer has occurred to the
parties interested. This is due to the event in question being published
on the bridge involved instead of on the channels. This can be overcome
for ARI though! Have no fear.

After going through many ideas I've settled on a somewhat simple
solution: If an ARI application is subscribed to *any* object (such as
the bridge OR any channels) involved in the transfer then it receives
the applicable transfer event (blind or attended). The transfer events
will convey the same information as the AMI ones do and will have a
guarantee that only one transfer event is published to the ARI application.

Thoughts?

--
Joshua Colp