[asterisk-app-dev] ARI dial application

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Fri Dec 19 12:19:43 CST 2014

Leif Madsen wrote:
> On 19 December 2014 at 13:13, Joshua Colp <jcolp at digium.com
> <mailto:jcolp at digium.com>> wrote:
>
>     You don't need to simulate ringing. You will get an event when the
>     outbound channel is ringing and there is a /ring operation you can
>     invoke on the caller channel to indicate ringing.
>

> Ah thanks. I think I misinterpreted your original email. The prime thing
> to note here is that we don't currently have a way to deal with early
> media in ARI. Beyond that, can you think of anything else that should
> also be made aware?

Besides early media there's also the stuff that happens in the real
world when it comes to dialing. Call forwarding from a remote device, do
not disturb from a remote device. Of course because dialing right now
doesn't do anything until answer that's taken care of but if not... then
you have to decide what to do.

--
Joshua Colp