[asterisk-app-dev] ARI dial application

Leif Madsen lmadsen at thinkingphones.com
Fri Dec 19 12:09:58 CST 2014

On 19 December 2014 at 13:01, Joshua Colp <jcolp at digium.com> wrote:

Right now you can't directly replace app_dial with an ARI equivalent
> because of early media. There is no way to do anything with a channel until
> it has answered and no way to exchange early media.

So in the mean time, ignoring the "early media" component, for the
signalling (or pseudo-signalling perhaps as it where), could you have the
left hand channel (channel A) attached to a bridge and then connected to
another channel or application in ARI that would provide ringing? (think
the 'r' option in app_dial)

If so, you could at least simulate the ringing for now, and then when the
other channel answered, move the bridged connection from Channel A to
"ringing channel" over to Channel B.

Forgive me for being naive here. My knowledge of the actual constructs
available in ARI are still primitive :)

--
Leif Madsen