[asterisk-app-dev] Implementation of ChanSpy functionality in ARI

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Thu Oct 31 20:01:58 CDT 2013

On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 7:57 AM, Daniel Jenkins <dan.jenkins88 at gmail.com>wrote:

>> <snip>
>>
>> Thinking about this some more: I like this idea, but based on the
>> feedback, it feels like it may be a separate (but related) use case to
>> "simple" channel spying. As Josh pointed out, using the current channel
>> spying approach with a Local channel still has a lot of power and has a
>> slightly different purpose than this approach. We could implement channel
>> spying using the current approach: framehook, one channel spies/whispers on
>> one other channel - and save this for a rainy day.
>>
>> Is anyone against approaching channel spying using the existing
>> implementation approach, and saving the bridge mixing technology approach
>> for another time?
>>

> Absolutely, let's get something working with the existing implementation,
> see how people use it, see what people want from that... +1

I forgot to mention:

* Add ChanSpy like functionality -
https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-22780
* Add Monitor like functionality (this is very related, actually) -
https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-22781

I fully expect the descriptions in those two issues to become obsolete in
the next few days, but we've at least got issues in the tracker to get this
done.

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager