[asterisk-app-dev] Channel indications

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Fri Oct 25 08:43:38 CDT 2013

Paul Belanger wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 12:04 PM, Joshua Colp<jcolp at digium.com>  wrote:
>> Paul Belanger wrote:
>>> I like consistency! One comment, it should be:
>>>
>>> /ring
>>
>> That gets a little messy because traditionally "ring" can mean to make the
>> device in question ring, while "ringing" means to make it hear ringing.
>>
> That could be addressed with documentation, additionally 'ring' in
> that context would actually be a dial. I'd rather have to explain the
> difference then have inconsistent API function names.

I've updated the review[1] with all of the changes discussed on this
thread, but left /progress in for now. If discussion continues on that
subject and we decide to do things automagically it's minor to remove it
and adjust logic.

Any feedback on it would be appreciated.

[1] https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/2916/

--
Joshua Colp