[asterisk-app-dev] Announcing: Swagger.py

David M. Lee dlee at digium.com
Thu Oct 17 15:03:38 CDT 2013

In the spirit of creating all sorts of client libraries that can be
used with ARI, I give you: Swagger.py[1].

This Swagger.py is inspired by Swagger.js[2]. You can basically build
a SwaggerClient() object, point it to the Asterisk resources.json
file, and you get a fairly simply object model representing the API.

It supports Swagger Spec 1.1, but I haven't tried it with anything
other than Asterisk. I expect I'll update it to support 1.2 after the
spec has been finalized.

Swagger.py also honors our extension for documenting WebSocket
resources, so you can access the /events WebSocket using it. A simple
"Hello, world" app that works with Asterisk is shown in the README.

Try it out, provide some feedback. I'll be watching the Issues and
Pull Requests on GitHub. Throw stuff up on the wiki if you like.

Enjoy!

 [1]: https://github.com/digium/swagger-py
 [2]: https://github.com/wordnik/swagger-js

--