[asterisk-app-dev] How do third party module developersexposetheir resources via asterisk ARI?

Daniel Jenkins dan.jenkins88 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 14:25:36 CDT 2013

I'm not sure if I've missed something here or not,

I took Paul A's question to mean something completely different...

Going on the proviso of say replacing app_queue with an application using
the ARI, we would need to have a way of emitting an event like "QueueAdd"
or whatever via the AMI so that people just using Asterisk and it's built
in queueing mechanism (they don't care its a separate module via the ARI)

These people still want QueueAdd events via the AMI and so the module being
written (in this instance, app_queue) would have to tell asterisk to emit
that from the AMI.

It all goes back to two different "purposes" of the ARI, replacing built in
applications with apps written using the ARI (which may be bundled with
packaged asterisk at some point), and writing custom apps that are
completely standalone....

Paul A, if this isn't what you meant, then I've completely misunderstood,
but that's what I took it as....

Dan