[asterisk-app-dev] ARI timestamps in Unix format

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Tue Oct 15 18:54:52 CDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 7:43 PM, Alistair Cunningham
<acunningham at integrics.com> wrote:
> Is there any chance we could have an option to use Unix timestamp format
> (seconds since 1970-01-01 00:00:00 ignoring leap seconds) in the ARI events
> (e.g. creationtime) and (if there are any) the actions?

Personally I'd like to see them as iso8601, mostly because other
RESTful APIs in work with use it.  I'd also like to see the default
timezone be UTC.

> I suspect (correct me if I'm wrong) that Asterisk uses Unix format
> internally, so for apps that do so too this would save some formatting and
> parsing on each end.
>
> I'd be perfectly happy to have this a setting in ari.conf that's disabled by
> default.

We already do a mix-mash thing with datetime within asterisk, some
modules implement GMT others don't. I'd vote for picking a standard
time then having the applications control it.

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)