[asterisk-app-dev] Implementation of ChanSpy functionality in ARI

Daniel Jenkins dan.jenkins88 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 18:25:49 CDT 2013

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 12:20 AM, Alistair Cunningham <
acunningham at integrics.com> wrote:

> On 15/10/13 18:06, Joshua Colp wrote:
>
>> Agreed.
>>
>> The only explicit con of this is that it is *not* ChanSpy functionality.
>> It's cool functionality that you can use to achieve similar results for
>> some situations. As long as everyone is okay with that...
>>

> Also agreed. What Matt and you have written sounds entirely sensible to
> me, and I find it hard to imagine anyone objecting if similar results can
> be achieved. What I'd like to see is an ARI action or actions to take an
> existing incoming call from an endpoint, and route it to spying on an
> existing call with the following scenarios:
>
> 1. Spy on the call, listen only.
>
> 2. Spy on the call, and talk to a single party - presumably by specifying
> the channel to talk to in the ARI action. It's then up to API app
> developers such as us to figure out which channel is the caller and which
> is the called.

If you were spying on the channel, would you then be able to change that
spy object as such to have one way audio? Or would you have to remix, with
a NEW mediaRoute which would override the previous one? I can see a need to
be able to change it mid call as it were

> 3. Spy on the call, and talk to all parties, i.e. form an ad-hoc
> conference.

I think this is as you say, a conference and shouldn't be put anywhere near
the functionality of ChanSpy in ARI, otherwise you're just duplicating
methods in the ARI