[asterisk-app-dev] AMI Action "Command"

jg webaccounts at jgoettgens.de
Tue Oct 15 10:12:41 CDT 2013

I am wondering whether there are some thoughts to send the output of the Command action in the
standard AMI format instead of dumping the entire output. They could be sent as one more events
on a line by line basis, where the keys could be the line numbers.

There are two places where the usual key ":" value "\r\n" scheme is violated. When you connect,
but this is expected and comes without penalty, and for getting access to the cli commands. My
problem is that I currently need to do some semantic analysis right away when I receive data.
Without this, I could just add (in a context free fashion) all key value pairs to a list for
later processing, maybe at idle time and, if required, in a different thread. Any semantic
evaluation would happen when you deal with this list and not partially when you deal with the
socket and the basic grammar.

On the other hand one might question whether getting access to cli commands is really needed
(like it is sending Jabber events).

jg