[asterisk-app-dev] Implementation of ChanSpy functionality in ARI

David M. Lee dlee at digium.com
Fri Nov 1 10:00:27 CDT 2013

On Nov 1, 2013, at 9:46 AM, Joshua Colp <jcolp at digium.com> wrote:

> Matthew Jordan wrote:
>> Easier:
>>
>> (1) SIP channel calls /hook?channel_id=other_sip_channel
>>
>> Done.
>
> Yup, can't argue that it is easier.

By that same argument, /dial was easier. So would /channels/{channelId}/bridgeTo?channel_id=other_sip_channel for creating two-party bridges. But what we’re seeing more advantages keeping the API simpler, by providing more powerful primitives instead of higher level abstractions.

We can build out higher level abstractions on top of these primitives a lot easier than it would be to tease out the primitives later. +1 to snoop channels.

--
David M. Lee
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer