[asterisk-app-dev] Asterisk DTMF recognizer

Ben Langfeld ben at langfeld.me
Thu Dec 12 10:28:40 CST 2013

Paul,

The Ruby application taking responsibility for implementing a recogniser
does certainly introduce an overhead to the application. I'm not sure yet
how much of a penalty this is in a real-world application (it's difficult
to untangle this from other differences), but either way my primary concern
is one of logical responsibility. For reasons of client simplicity,
platform consistency, etc, this piece fits better inside Asterisk (such
that it's usable via AMI, ARI, the C API, etc) than in a consumer of those
APIs.

Ben