[asterisk-app-dev] Originate/Channel Creation as a two step process

David M. Lee dlee at digium.com
Mon Dec 9 15:09:05 CST 2013

On Dec 6, 2013, at 3:43 PM, Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com> wrote:

> With everything but channels, having an external actor provide the UUID for the resource being created shouldn't be a problem. Going down the list:
>  * Bridges - currently have a UUID assigned during creation by the Bridging Framework. We'd have to add a new creation function that allows for the UUID to be passed in, but that's probably about it.

This really isn’t a problem, since a bridge doesn’t generate any events until you put a channel into it. And you can only do that after the create call succeeds, at which point you have the bridge id.

On the other hand, I like the idea of being able to name bridges. I think the current code limits the bridge id to 36 characters, but otherwise simply treats it as a string.

So, even though it might not be needed, +1 to specifying the bridge’s id.

--
David M. Lee
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer