[asterisk-app-dev] Originate/Channel Creation as a two step process

Ben Langfeld ben at langfeld.me
Thu Dec 5 09:57:52 CST 2013

Thanks for starting this discussion here Matt.

I would be satisfied by either of the two main proposed solutions.

My implementation of a FreeSWITCH Inbound-Event-Socket app goes for the
"specify channel ID" approach. In this case I can just create a UUID myself.

I would be fine with requesting allocating of a UUID from Asterisk, but I'm
not sure how this is really different from pre-allocating a "proto-channel".

Anything that doesn't ensure that I have the channel's uniqueid before I
request origination is not a solution and means that I have to go
single-threaded to guarantee correctness. We currently do this in
Adhearsion and it hurts performance horribly.

Regards,
Ben Langfeld