[asterisk-announce] Asterisk 18.104.22.168 Now Available
Asterisk Development Team
asteriskteam at digium.com
Tue Apr 28 18:39:31 CDT 2009
The Asterisk Development Team is pleased to announce the release of Asterisk
22.214.171.124. Asterisk 126.96.36.199 is available for immediate download at
This is the first release in the 1.6.1 branch, which has additional features
added since 1.6.0. Please see the CHANGES file for more information about the
For those upgrading from previous versions of Asterisk, it is advisable to
review the UPGRADE.txt file:
Some highlights about changes in this release:
* It is now possible to specify a pattern match as a hint. Once a phone
subscribes to something that matches the pattern a hint will be created using
the contents and variables evaluated.
* IAX2 encryption support has been improved to support periodic key rotation
within a call for enhanced security. The option "keyrotate" has been
provided to disable this functionality to preserve backwards compatibility
with older versions of IAX2 that do not support key rotation.
* res_odbc no longer has a limit of 1023 total possible unshared connections,
as some people were running into this limit. This limit has been increased
to 4.2 billion.
* Several (ODBC, Postgres, MySQL, SQLite) realtime drivers have been given
adaptive capabilities. What this means in practical terms is that if your
realtime table lacks critical fields, Asterisk will now emit warnings to
that effect. Also, some of the realtime drivers have the ability (if
configured) to automatically add those columns to the table with the
correct type and length.
* Config file variables may now be appended to, by using the '+=' append
operator. This is most helpful when working with long SQL queries in
func_odbc.conf, as the queries no longer need to be specified on a single
* Many many other changes that are too numerous to list here. See:
For a summary of the changes in this release, please see the release summary:
For a full list of changes in this release, please see the ChangeLog:
The following list of issues were resolved with the participation of the
community, and this release would not have been possible without your help!
* Allow disconnect feature before a call is bridged
- Closes issue #11583. Submitted by sobomax. Tested and additional coding
by sobomax, dvossel, murf.
* Update app_fax to work with spandsp-0.0.6
- Closes issue #13688. Reported by and patched by irroot.
* chan_h323 with H323Plus for TRUNK (SVN rev. 89183)
- Closes issue #11261. Reported by vhatz. Patched by jthurman.
* Wrong usage of sscanf with use of uninitialized variable caused accidental
parsing of RTP/SAVP
- Closes issue #14000. Reported and patched by folke.
* Realtime peers are never qualified after 'sip reload'
- Closes issue #14196. Reported, tested, and patched by pdf.
Thank you for your continued support of Asterisk!
More information about the asterisk-announce